Saturday, September 8, 2012

Narukami Tourney Report 3

This weekend was pretty awesome...

I traded Spectral Duke, 2 Djinn the Lightning Flash, Garmore for 2 Alfred... then traded sleygal daggers for Goku's. Traded Blonde Ezel for a Alfred... Now all I need are some Palamedes and I can build Alfred-Palamedes...

Traded 2 Machina Fortress, Super Limiter Removal, and a Leviair for a stack of commons and rares and a Spectral Duke Dragon...

Round 1: Narukami (Me) vs Lohengrin Alfred (Awkward deck)
Game went really quickly as I got him to 3 damage and then used an unboosted Vermilion to attack for 13000 at all of his front row... he declares no guard... Double Crit for game...

Round 2: Narukami (Me) vs Lawkeeper Kagero
This one was pretty close the final turns were when I used Shiden to lock down a Nehalem and then played a Thunderstorm infront of it so I could force a 5k shield... all of that goes through and he is at 5 damage... he draws and uses Lawkeeper to get rid of my 5 rearguards... I guard everything perfectly as in just enough shield... Final Turn... returns everything but Shiden to the field leaving me with Thunderstorm, Breakthrough, Shiden with a backrow of nothing, red river, draw trigger... I call a 5k boost behind thunderstorm... swing in and he has 2 cards in hand by the final hit with a 5k intercept... he only has 2 Grade 3's so I get through for the last damage.

Round 3: Narukami (Me) vs Goku-Blade (Ernest)
My brother and I played for 1st... I miscalculated when to use Vermilion and used it far later than I should have and the advantage eventually was just too much to keep up with.

so 2-1 and second place to my brothers 3-0 first place finish... The table beside us had a grand total of 3 Final Turns in a row. We get our first epic Deckbox and he gets 3 packs of Set 3... Pulls Dark Irregular full guard, Grade 2 Tsukuyomi, and Crimson Beast Tamer...

All in all really good day considering... and if i'm lucky I may be able to sell all of my yugioh binder stuff for 400-500 dollars which would go towards Ravnica and BT03 and BT07 boxes.

Changes to my Narukami build...
-2 Djinn of the Lightning Flash
-2 Lightning of Hope, Helena
+1 Rising Phoenix
+1 Red River Dragoon
+2 Breakthrough Dragon

I need to work on my sheer skill level... The deck is meant to be able to actually declare a Final Turn but it takes so much skill sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment