Monday, September 3, 2012

Narukami Tourney Report #2

I once again headed to Quest Comics on a saturday morning for Cardfight! Vanguard.

Pre-Tournament: I made some small talk and tried to get a few trades in. set up a trade to give 2 Ezel's and some random Gold Paladin stuff to someone for 45 dollars (A minus in value to me but I got those Ezel's and the Gold Paladin stuff for basically free as we traded a few cards for a PGless Gold Paladin deck.)

Tournament: Round 1 I am paired with someone I used to know from my last local (If anyone remembers my other blog and that Mirror Force, Divine Wrath play.) He's running a Netdecked Spike Bros. build (The Dudley version) I'm running Vermillion Control. The game starts out terribly in his favor and because this is one and done if you don't do research earlier then you will probably lose... He wound up winning with the Dudley effect... I just drive checked too many cards that couldn't block and didn't get to use Saishin due to going second. If I had 5k more shield I could have won the next turn but ah well.

Round 2 They pair me with my brother who I traveled to the tourney with. We both lost me to Dudley being hard to beat if you don't already know how and he lost to Angel Feather because he was helping the guy play correctly and helped him make more advantageous moves. He was running Goku Kagero with only 2 Barri and only 3 Goku. I had a really narrow match with him but after counting his checks I sealed the game by Crossriding to Thunder Break Dragon and barely making him unable to guard the last swings.

Final Round I am paired with the Angel Feather from before and I know he's a new player so I give 0 fucks. The game basically ends with Vermillion Thunderbolt followed with a heal trigger to put me at 3 damage. Finished the game out 3-6.

I make second behind the Dudley deck (The pilot wasn't too good but the deck itself doesn't care who the pilot is if the opponent doesn't know how to deal with the deck). So better than last time which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment